Robbie Williams ‘Heading Back Into The Studio With TAKE THAT’

Published on April 15, 2016

British pop star ROBBIE WILLIAMS is reportedly back into the studio with his former band TAKE THAT.

Robbie Williams

The Let Me Entertain You singer originally left the group in 1995 to go solo, and reunited with former bandmates for 2010 album Progress and the subsequent tour in 2011 before leaving again.

Reports circulated last year (15) suggesting he was in talks to rejoin the boyband, which is now a three piece following the departure of Jason Orange in 2014, to mark their 25th anniversary in 2017. And Robbie has now gone back into the studio to work on new Take That music, according to Britain’s The Sun newspaper.

Robbie is reportedly writing with Mark Owen, Gary Barlow and Howard Donald for the first time since 2010 on tracks which will appear on a Greatest Hits compilation album. He will then reportedly join them on a 25th anniversary tour in 2017.

“Robbie loves being part of the creative process and he has lots to offer,” a source tells the publication. “He influenced the last album he featured on with his electro sound, which reflected his solo work at the time… He’s a changed man since studio sessions back in the day and takes things far more seriously.”

Robbie Williams

Gary told the newspaper in February (16) he was hoping Robbie would be involved in the anniversary plans, but doubted Jason would return as well.

“We’ll do a Greatest Hits album next year and tour the year after,” he said. “A Greatest Hits with everyone would be amazing but I personally can’t imagine Jason coming back on stage for quite a few years. But if Rob could do something that would be brilliant.”

MORE FROM HOLLYWOOD
 
TOP HEADLINES